Friday 6 April 2007

Peggy The Three Legged Pig

I visited granddad down on his farm,
And at once I noticed with some alarm,
That one of his pigs, an old sow called Peg
Appeared to be missing one of her legs.
I said to my granddad, "Bampy" says I
"See that old sow- over there by the sty,
She's got just three legs when it ought to be four."
Well Granddad was angry, He let out a roar.
"If you don't like that pig then you are a fool-
"Last week your cousin fell in the pool.
"Well up jumped old Peg and in she did dive
"And thanks to that pig, young Fred's still alive."
I said "No doubt she's great, and medals will adorn her
"But Bamps, she should have a leg at each corner."
Said granddad "Young Paul. Don't call me a liar!
"If it wasn't for Peg, your gran would have died in a fire.
"Peg smelt the smoke and dragged gran from her bed.
"If it wasn't for Peggy your gran would be dead."
I said "Granddad, Please, Why won't you listen?
"That heroic pig has got a leg missing."
Granddad moaned "I'm ashamed, you're letting me down.
"Really young Paul, you've lived too long in town.
"My dear Grandson, you've nowt but a dunce.
"You don't eat a good pig like that all at once."





Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny little poem !