Thursday 14 June 2007

MY TIME

As I wrap my quilt around me,
I’m on my own, my place, my time.
Escape from life and things that hurt me,
Am I selfish? – I don’t think so.

I dread to wake in the morning,
Another day to suffer the pain.
I can hear it calling me,
Come and join another day,
I’d love to but I’m afraid of all these things.

Can you understand these worthwhile tears?
Because I care very much, people put on me.
Things I can’t share,
Confidence! they want to get it all off their chest,
It doesn’t help me to sit in my chair,

All these people going round in my mind,
Some of them friends, some of them not.
Can you help me? – I really don’t ask,
Perhaps I should but I’m afraid of the answer.

There are people that do but most of them don’t,
Just look at me, I’m the biggest fool.
To take on these tasks that are beyond me,
Not just me, I can’t be on my own.

There must be somebody out there,
Who’s hearing my soul screaming out,
“Take me with you wherever you’re going”.

I’ll take anyone on board,
As long as they’re sincere.
On a long, dark journey,
To find out who we are.

It’ll be an adventure, that I know,
When I get back tomorrow.
As I wake,
Will I get an answer? – not yet,
But it’s never too late.

Allison M

No comments: