Tuesday 29 May 2007

GLYNCOCH

I moved to Glyncoch at the end of the eighties,
And it was clear to all; I’m a Johnny-come-lately.
There was never a chance of being mistook for a local;
My West Country accent marked me out as a yokel.
But these people of Glync, they opened their hearts
‘though many still think that I’m from “foreign parts”.
That’s what’s wonderful about this place where I’m living
The people are open and loving and giving.
Yes we’ve had problems. What village has not?
But these people of Glync’ll give you all that they’ve got.
If a charity calls you’ll not find them wanting
Although better off folk might find the task daunting.
Here if someone has tenpence then fivepence is yours
And maybe all ten, it depends on the cause.
At the Social Club, Rugby club or in the schools
You’ll always find people who’ll act like they’re fools
If it means cancer research gets one extra quid
Or a Charity auction needs one extra bid.
So, Yes in Glyncoch we’ve seen plenty of trouble
And outsiders suggest it be reduced to rubble.
But I’ll tell any critic, “When push comes to shove
The majority of Glyncers are just full of love.”

Bato

No comments: