Saturday 19 May 2007

TRUST

When the trust has gone,
It doesn’t take long,
For the rot to set in,
It’s my sin.

Where do I begin,
To tell you,
I never totally loved you,
But I do care very much.

It wouldn’t really matter,
How much I explained,
You never listen,
To what causes pain.

You’re the injured party,
So you say,
My life is not my own,
But still I must pay.

For things I’ve done in the past,
Trusting a man with my feelings,
That’s the last,
Never again will I come clean.

Abuse and threats, well that’s plain mean,
We only get one go at life,
That’s what we’re told,
But my escape is my soul, it's already sold.

Allison M

1 comment:

Franco said...

Hi Allison (& not forgetting Bato),

Thanks for leaving a comment for me. I wholeheartedly love your poems. Please continue writing them and posting them to your blog. There are so many publishers searching for blooks. You should consider publishing them sometime in the future.

Oh..a request. Can I have your approval to add your blog link to my buddy list? I wish to see others reading your beautiful poems.

Warmest regards,

Franco