Saturday 5 May 2007

DEPRESSION

Depression is a very strange thing,
The bottom line is you just can’t win.
You wake in the morning feeling rough,
Can’t take anymore, well that’s just tough.

You try to fight it all on your own,
Go to the Doctor, to me that’s unknown.
I haven’t the time to sit all day,
Waiting for a Doctor, what could I say?

How can you explain something’s not right,
Fears and strange dreams all through the night.
They’ve no time to listen, just give you pills,
Can’t seem to cope with no physical ills.

So here I sit moody and frowning,
With the dread that I’m drowning.
I try to eat but feel like choking,
Bloody Hell!, I wish I was joking.

Allison M

Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel

Anonymous said...

Thank you Henry
I hope it helped in some small way.

Franco Yong said...

Hi...Allison,

I love every single of your poems. Lovely, lovely. Keep up the writing. I've 2 requests. First, I'm going to chose your poem on FEARS for my blog entry tomorrow. I hope that's OK as it's something fabulous to share.

Secondly, I simply wish that I can add you to my buddy list at http://francoyong.blogspot.com. Hope that is OK with you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and bye.

Franco