Saturday 5 May 2007

FEARS

How does my head work? - I don’t know,
Why the fears? - ones I can’t show
Things I’m scared of but nobody sees,
Perhaps they can, still can’t help me.

Afraid of nothing, that’s how I live,
Except at times I get what I give.
It’s certainly not deserved just yet,
Why the constant fear? - it seems so set.

Nothing changes, but does all the time,
My life full of retribution and crime.
Love they say will conquer all,
Can it be the solution? – it’s not my call.

Living on hope is so unstable,
Fairy tale life, yet another fable.
Without my music to guide me through,
I’d be with Angels standing in a queue.

What is an ordinary day?
Please let me know, I intend to stay.
Not to be burdened with difficult tasks.
Nobody gets anywhere if nobody asks.

Somebody tell me, whisper into my ear,
Then I can stop ciggies and drinking beer.
I know the answer is out there somewhere,

To stop the fears I need someone who cares.

Allison M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison,
I'm glad that you've now decided to publish more of your works on this site, its good to know that at least there is someone around who knows how i feel on the inside.
Looking forward to reading on.....

Regards
Judith